Friday, March 28, 2008

A tale of three milks...

After Sam was done breastfeeding, I put him on soy because he was pretty lactose-intolerant as a baby. When Abby was done, she was soy-intolerant so we put her on cow's milk. And we haven't looked back.

So then Becca sends me this link about soy not being all it's cracked up to be. I go out and pick up a quart of goat's milk. I only bought one thinking I didn't want to waste the money on it if they both turned up their noses and spat it out.

The next morning I put goat's milk in Sam's cereal. I watched and waited. Nothing. He ate the cereal without noticing anything. Abby's morning cup was full of goat's milk and she polished it off and asked for more. Just before nap time, they both got cups with milk. Neither said a word and both finished them up.

Neither had adverse reactions of the bowels.

So now I've got to know. Where can I get a good deal on goat's milk? Something less than $4 a quart? Maybe in a bigger size? Anyone?

And yeah, I'm resisting the urge to fall into the fetal position out of fear and trepidation for all that might await Sam for having been on so much soy for so long.

Any leads on free therapy?

1 comment:

jennyjennybobennybananafanafofenny said...

um...welcome to free therapy...it's workin great for me!! :)