Wednesday, April 9, 2008

STEP AWAY FROM THE BARGAIN!

On a trip to Target (made out of necessity I assure you), I ran in to Jen Peebles, our dear fellow WINE-ness (WINE-o is kind of male and dirty, WINE-ness is all goddess and lovely). She was killing time during ballet. Don't we ALL kill time in Target? There SO needs to be a 12-step program.

ANYWAY, in her hand were the above pictured clothes. The shirt was on super sale, $2, the shorts I think were $4. She admitted that she wasn't sure why she was buying them. At those prices, who could blame her, right? Not me. Besides, we have a GIRLS' SWAP coming up...I figured they might make there way in. ;)

After a few minutes of chit-chat, she head off in search of hairspray and I continued my quest for sanity.

I eventually made my way down the long side aisle of travel toiletries. And BAM-O! The same Jenny Bobenny outfit...hanging in front of the cotton balls. Now, I know that Target has those obscure locations for discounted goods, but I was pretty sure no employee would have left clothes here. Nope.

I laughed out loud at the sight. It was like finding Jen's scrawl in a bathroom stall “Jenny Bo Benny was here!” I was packing my camera from Abby's earlier parks and rec class. Knowing Jen's love for all things photography, I thought she'd appreciate how I collected the "evidence". I got a few odd looks from some of the shoppers.

Jen exercised GREAT restraint! I mean…a $2 shirt?! a $4 pair of super cute Bermuda shorts?! I almost bought them for her…as a reward. But I left it there, as a marker for potential WINE members shopping the discount section of Target. They, too, can resist the need for seizing a bargain, tucking that money away for the "Two Buck Chuck".

Way to go Jen! You're an inspiration, a trendsetter, the wind beneath our collectively poor wings! ;)

3 comments:

Mike & Brenda said...

That is TOO funny!!!!

Breana said...

i would not have be as strong. way to go girl!!!

so love that you had your camera jen d!

Jenny-Jenny said...

Funny! perfect title. I have thought about just sticking stuff on the shelf but I usually chicken out. Way to go Jen. I found your blog by linking to people who have To Kill a Mockingbird on their favorite book list. I'll be back!